Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blog Assignment 1

        My name is Stephanie Leigh Dunaway. I was born in Mobile, Al and grew up in Daphne, Al. I moved to Fairhope, Al during middle school and stayed there until graduating from Fairhope High School in 2009. I now live in an apartment in Mobile. I came to the University of South Alabama because I was recruited to play softball here. I recieved a scholarship and am very fortunate to be able stay close to home and continue my softball career. I have a younger brother who is my best friend and I am very close with my parents, so I am happy to be near all of them.
       I am majoring in Elementary Education in the "new program" which also includes special education. I chose this career because I love children and I want to make a difference in their lives. I know that young children might not always have the best role models at home and i think it is very important for children to learn right from wrong and have a possitive foundation when they are young and I believe I can supply that to them. Eventually I would like to become an Elementary School counselor. I definitely want to stay in the south when I graduate and would love to live on or very close to the beach- I am a major beach bum!
      My best qualities are that I am very honest when it comes to giving advice, I have a good amount of leadership experience, I am very outgoing, and I am always willing to listen and/or give advice. I love playing softball. I have played since I was five years old and I currently play outfield for South. I believe softball has taught me a lot about life. I have been through a lot of adversity over the years, but I have always gotten through it and become a stronger player and person.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on Jabiz's blog. Ira, Monika, Jabiz and I know each other from many a discussion on both twitter and blog posts. What you read (and may be continuing to read) is really the difference between those that can no longer work within the old system trying to find a way to change for our students without harming them.

    I happen to agree with your points. It is a good thing for students to be exposed to teaching styles that meet both the student's strengths and weaknesses. Teaching differently does not mean teaching badly.

    BTW how in the world did you find the post to comment on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a EDM310 class at South Alabama where our proffessor (Dr. John Strange) assigns us blogs to read and give our opinion. Luckily I was assigned to a very interesting one that I could share my opinion that I feel strongly about.
    I am planning on becoming an Elementary School teacher so I know as a future teacher it is important for me to understand the many different teaching styles from the front of the classroom, not only from a desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you felt confident enough to share, the conversation is a tough one and exacerbated by our experiences in our lives. Thankfully Jabiz and Ira are friends and we can have these conversations without fear of it becoming personal.

    Tell John you deserve an A for having the courage to leave a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou very much! Yall are all very passionate about what you write, I can tell, and im sure it is the same way in your job!

    And thankyou, hopefully he will see that and agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. C is one of the best teachers you will ever encounter!

    ReplyDelete