Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project #6

My Project 6, College Summary

       In this survey, I received responses from 25 different people. Of this group, most were college Juniors. Almost 70% of the students are attending a 4 year college for the first time. The most common previous four year college that was attended was the University of Alabama, but only two students previously attended there. When asked their favorite subject area, an even 24% of students chose each of the following: "History", "Art/Music", and "other". 80% of students live off campus. I also found that when attending school, 21% of students live with their parents, 21% live with either their husband or wife, and 21% lives with (a) friend(s). The majority of students say they do plan to get their masters. Over half of the responses were not scholarship students. The most common number of credit hours were between 13 and 15 and that was 40% of the students. A majority of the students say this is not the first semester they have attended South.
     In this survey I learned that I am one of the younger students in EDM310. Most students were above sophomores and many have even previously attended other colleges. I also realized that many people are paying or their college out of pocket or through loans. I was expecting the scholarship numbers to be higher since there really are so many available, especially for education students. I was fairly certain that the response about getting their masters would be high because it is seen as essential these days. I was also fairly surprised that the credit hours were primarily lower than the number that I have and I also have to factor in being an athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment