Friday, September 10, 2010

Project #3 C4T Summary

In the first post, “School Should Not Be Considered Work”, Intrepid Teacher explains how he read a student’s blog about learning and was very worked up by it. Instead of commenting the student directly, he simply writes his own blog expressing his thoughts. Although he isn’t necessarily downgrading the student’s thoughts, he questions her a lot about why she doesn’t look at the big picture. The way I took his post was that he had more of a “set” teaching style, so my comment was focused on the point that as diverse as our society is, it is important (in my opinion) to have many different teaching styles to meet the need of every child. I also believe that there is no right or wrong way to learn and going to school for 12-13 years is a positive thing because students can experience a variety of styles.


The other post I read and commented was called “Dream (Tweet) Team”, and I truly enjoyed reading and commenting it. The topic was whether or not a school’s success should be judged on the number of teachers that had a Twitter. I don’t think that a school should necessarily be judged by it, or looked down upon either way, but I think it would overall be beneficial technology to everyone at the school whether it was intended or not. I personally do not use Twitter, but if you would have asked me what I thought about Facebook when it was originally created, I would have not been an optimistic user, but now I could be considered a Facebook addict. It’s a great way to keep in touch with family and friends as well as keep up with certain class assignments. I am sure that Twitter is similar in that way which would be very helpful for teachers. Why not use all of the beneficial technology we can if we are fortunate enough to have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment