Tuesday, September 28, 2010

C4K Summary #1

       For my first two C4K assignments, I was assignened to comment Aorta's blog. Although ,I ended up commenting on Adriannav's blog as well. Mr. Chamberlain had two assignments for the students that our class was to comment. First of all, an "About Me" assignment where they tell about themselves and their families. Aorta was a very interesting student because she was born on the island of Fefen and immigrated here when she was 5. She loves to hula dance and play volleyball which I told her was very unique. I thought that she showed much respect to her grandmother by saying she cherrished her the most. Aorta has had a little bit of a hard time with math, but she really want to be successful and learn by doing homework. I told her that the first step is having the great attitude that she has because she said the more they practice the better they will be at math.
    The next assignment was a "learning manifesto". This is where the students must express in there own words how the decisions they make as a student will make them a better students. For example, Adriannav listed "I promise to show I want to learn". I think that is a great statement. And although, it should have been more specific/detailed, I loved the thought. I think that is very important as a student myself. Sometimes it is hard to want to learn something but I know from experience that it is a lot easier to learn something if you WANT to learn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment