Wednesday, October 6, 2010

C4T #2 Summary

The first blog I read of Steven Anderson’s was “Feeling overwhelmed? Join the Club”. In this blog, he expressed how overwhelming it can be for new teachers to decide what tools are most useful in their own classroom. Technology has become much help to the learning and teaching processes over the years. It is important though, to know when and what to use. In my response to his post I said that it is important for teachers to not “do too much”. I think it is essential for teachers to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible when in the classroom and therefore it is important that they are confident with the technology they use. Personally I will spend more time learning and becoming comfortable with 1 or 2 different tools and find out how much the benefit children. If they help promote learning then I will keep it, if not, I will begin using a new tool. I believe that “if it ain’t broke, done fix it”. Where most teachers find themselves in trouble and overwhelmed is usually when they feel pressured to use a tool that they don’t necessarily understand completely and aren’t truly prepared to use.
The second post that I commented called “Images We Can All Use” was a video about how to find Creative Commons photos on Flickr. I learned that it is important to choose photos that are labeled for reuse. In order to do this, you must go to advanced search to find the box to check “Creative Comments’. After clicking search, it only shows the pictures that are okay to use. This post and video is really helpful to anyone who reads/watches it!
Here is a link to his blog http://web20classroom.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment